- Contested Homes: Migrant Liberation Movement Suite is now available to watch on YouTube!
- Read a Welcome Message for Contested Homes: Migrant Liberation Movement Suite by John Paul Patrick.
- Join us on Tuesday, June 30 at 7:30 p.m. (CST) on Facebook (@uwmadisonarts) for the online premiere of Contested Homes: Migrant Liberation Movement Suite.
- Watch the full performance from the February 2020 Tandem Press Jazz Series, featuring Contemporary Jazz Ensemble featuring special guests Ben Barson and Gizelxanath Rodriguez of the Afro Yaqui Music Collective (directed by Johannes Wallmann).
- The Division of the Arts has canceled upcoming spring Interdisciplinary Arts Residency events. Read more.
- Indigenous leader and Afro Yaqui Music Collective collaborator Mario Luna Romero will present a lecture as part of the LACIS Spring Lunchtime Lecture Series on Tuesday, March 3.
- Soil to Soul: Standing in Solidarity with Yaqui Water Defenders will feature performances by Barson, Rodriguez, Nejma Nefertiti, the Contemporary Jazz Ensemble, students in the ARTIVISM course, and more on Wednesday, March 4.
- Barson, Rodriguez, and members of the ARTIVISM course will perform from 10:30 – 11:00 am on Sunday, March 8 as part of the Environmental Justice in Multispecies Worlds: Land, Water, Food Conference.
- Barson and Rodriguez will participate in Live Multimedia Presentation: Antropoloops: Open Musical Collages with Rubén Alonso on Tuesday, March 10 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm in Music Hall.
- Residency guest artist Nejma Nefertiti will take part in Word. Sound. Power. 2020 from April 23-25 at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Learn more here.
- You can now listen to “Mirror Butterfly The Migrant Liberation Movement Suite” courtesy of Mills Music Library! Login with Net ID required.
Images courtesy of the artists.