Litza Bixler is a choreographer, filmmaker, movement director, visual artist, and writer. She has produced work on stage, screen, galleries, and mountains. Bixler works across the spheres of art, performance, and film, and has been a working artist and educator since 1995.
Bixler has created movement and action for some of the most iconic scenes in film including Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and The World’s End. She has collaborated on a movie musical, a musical series for Disney, and a salsa dance comedy. She has worked with a variety of award-winning performers such as: Hugh Jackman, Colin Firth, Simon Pegg, Lake Bell, Sienna Miller, Nick Frost, David Beckham, Bill Nighy, Jude Law, and Sam Rockwell.
She has created live-pieces, screenplays, and paintings and worked on numerous award-winning advertisements. She has also produced live-art and physical theater pieces with her company Litza Bixler Performance. Bixler is a dual national and often explores liminal spaces, thresholds, and metaphorical journeys in her work.
Resources + Media Mentions
- Litza Bixler Presents THE WORLD’S END & METROPOLIS (PDF)
- UW–Madison to host choreographer, dancer and multi-media artist Litza Bixler as the spring 2021 Division of the Arts Interdisciplinary Artist-in-Residence
- Creativity, Collaboration and the Creation of Self Course Promo Video
- Litza Bixler website
- Instagram: @litzabixler
- Litza Bixler Vimeo
- Litza Bixler Commercial Choreography Reel
- Litza Bixler Experimental Choreography Reel
- Simon Pegg and Lake Bell on Subverting Rom-Com Conventions (and Dancing to Duran Duran) in ‘Man Up,’ courtesy of Flavorwire
- “Speed of Light” documentary, courtesy of BBC
Image courtesy of the artist.