About the Artist
Carrie Hanson is a choreographer, director, performer, and dance educator. She is the Artistic Director of The Seldoms, and uses dance and performance to reference social, political, and environmental issues.
- The Seldoms’ upcoming performance of Exit Disclaimer: Science and Fiction Ahead is featured in Chicago Sun-Times‘ 2019 Holiday Entertainment Guide
- Carrie Hanson appeared on WORT FM’s 8 O’Clock Buzz on Friday, November 15. The show is archived online.
- Photos are available from the September 26 event, “Quilting Memory: A Live Action Event in Charcoal & Muslin,” led by Carrie Hanson and guest artist Faheem Majeed.
In the course, “From Topic to Topography: The Body, The Environment, and Social Action,” students will create original performance works and installations. They will create persuasive messages and share perspectives about environmental sustainability, vitality, and equity.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- “UW–Madison students, artist-in-residence Carrie Hanson present ‘From topic to topography’ Nov. 21,” courtesy of UW–Madison School of Education News
- “8 events to enjoy this weekend,” courtesy of Madison Magazine
- “Dance Department presents Kate Corby & Dancers with The Seldoms, Nov. 14-16,” courtesy of UW–Madison School of Education News