About the Artist
Carrie Hanson is a choreographer, director, performer, and dance educator. She is the Artistic Director of The Seldoms, and uses dance and performance to reference social, political, and environmental issues.
- The Seldoms’ upcoming performance of Exit Disclaimer: Science and Fiction Ahead is featured in Chicago Sun-Times‘ 2019 Holiday Entertainment Guide
- Carrie Hanson appeared on WORT FM’s 8 O’Clock Buzz on Friday, November 15. The show is archived online.
- Photos are available from the September 26 event, “Quilting Memory: A Live Action Event in Charcoal & Muslin,” led by Carrie Hanson and guest artist Faheem Majeed.
In the course, “From Topic to Topography: The Body, The Environment, and Social Action,” students will create original performance works and installations. They will create persuasive messages and share perspectives about environmental sustainability, vitality, and equity.
- “UW–Madison students, artist-in-residence Carrie Hanson present ‘From topic to topography’ Nov. 21,” courtesy of UW–Madison School of Education News
- “8 events to enjoy this weekend,” courtesy of Madison Magazine
- “Dance Department presents Kate Corby & Dancers with The Seldoms, Nov. 14-16,” courtesy of UW–Madison School of Education News